Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Dirty Pictures :)

Camping with friends and lucky for us "our spot"
was not taken.
Camping would not be camping without guns. Here is Dave feeding Dallin's fire. Dallin has gotten to be a good mini Dave! Dallin shot the teenage mutant ninja turtle!!!

Maile was totally content digging in the dirt ALL DAY!
Yeah for me-its a good thing for wipes.

It's tradition to have a teeter tooter.
Not sure what this says about me but....I am on the other end of the teeter tooter. Four against one!
Another tradition is a buried treasure hunt!
X marks the spot.
We always see a lot of animals unfortunately this is the only picture captured of two chipmunks :(
We also spotted a deer, a fox, grouse, a beaver, and a sheep running through our camp.

One of our hikes we hiked down to the river.

All the kids loved throwing rocks into the river including the biggest kids....the dads!

Love the outdoors. I love that when you are in the mountains the worldly things and worries seem so far away. We had so much fun and the dirt was evidence of that-glad to home with running toilets and a warm bed!

6 comments:

Ash said...

I swear you'd think I just jump around peoples blogs looking for things to do. We're going camping in a few weeks too! And I'm so excited!!! Cause like you said theres nothing like getting away from the craziness of the world sometimes. Look like you guys have a really nice hiding place. :)

Kayli Romer said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! I miss you guys so much. I would love to come to one of your swimming parties. my kids would love it. They miss good old Clinton. as do I, hopefully syracuse will treat us just as good. hope to see you soon

Rachel said...

How fun! Looks like an awesome place to camp and all your traditions look so fun for the kids. Love the picture of you and Maile, so cute.

We haven't been camping for a few years but we're going in a few weeks, we'll see how it goes :)

Parkinson Party of 7 said...

We love camping too! We always do a Family Home Evening while we camp and it is our favorite. There is just something about camping and being in the mountains..... I love the picture of your family on the side of your blog!!!! So cute :)

kim said...

Hey April. Found your blog from you facebook. Check out ours at kimjonluck.blogspot.com.
your kids are adorable! so fun aren't they!

Susan said...

Looks fun! I love camping but we didn't make it this summer - wasn't in the "mood" to do it with the baby. Also, loved learning about your kids on your blog! It's so good to reconnect with you! :)